Auto Insurance Information
"Saving Money for thousands of Families & Businesses in Arkansas every year”
Easy As 1-2-3
Auto and Home Quotes Online 24/7
Don't worry. We NEVER share your information with anyone.
***What to expect when you hit "get my quote": You will receive a quote, but not for every company we represent because the company we buy this software from does not support all of our carriers. However, our agents in your local office can complete your quotes with those other companies to give you the best opportunity to look at all of your options. That way you know you're not missing out.
All you will need to do is after you "submit" your information online, call the number displayed OR click the "Contact Me" option. It's the best of both worlds! We look forward to earning your business. Oh and by the way, when you do call us, I PROMISE you will not get one of those silly automated systems. We're just like you, we hate those too!
We are a locally owned and operated agency that knows most clients want to do business locally with the convenience of online tools.
What is Arkansas auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects everything you and your family have worked so hard for, and will work so hard for in the future against financial loss from an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car. You hit something, vandalism or even swerve to avoid a deer and end up in a ditch. This pays for those situations.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage. When you hit someone or something and damage their property or injure someone, this coverage comes in to play. Probably the most important coverage to make sure you buy enough to protect your current financial being and your future finances. Think about it: if you have only $100k of coverage, but you end up owing $300k, you would have to pay the difference of $200k! And the extra coverage is a lot less than you think. Sometimes it actually costs less than the lower coverage amounts!
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses. This coverage can help pay for you and your passengers when they do not have health insurance or if they do, to pay deductibles and co-pays.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
[Click here to begin your auto insurance quote using our short, fast form that is secure]
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting everything you've worked so hard for and will work hard for in the future.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth. Remember the example above.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
As a local, multi location Independent Agency, McGhee Insurance Agency is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims? What is their "rating?"
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts and the "telematics" programs)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
- If I bundle my home insurance with my auto, will it save me money?
Thank you for your interest in McGhee Insurance Agency.
Our offices specialize in placing insurance protection for individuals and families & businesses in Arkansas and would love to visit with you on your auto insurance, home insurance, personal umbrella insurance, business insurance, boat insurance, RV insurance, life insurance or health insurance protection to help structure a plan to protect what you've worked so hard for and will work hard for in the future.
[Click here to contact Us today.]
Click here to Read more about our Employees
Click here to read what our Clients say about us
Click here to read helpful simple articles on insurance
Find Your local office contact & address here
Get a quote for any insurance here
"I had an awesome experience at McGhee Insurance. Summer Dacus was able to save me 400$ a year over my previous "bundled" insurance policies, and was able to get me an appointment quickly, that had my new homeowners policy up and running. I wish I would have started with McGhee when I first purchased my home!" *GOOGLE REVIEW
Joseph Williams Lonoke, AR